Toll-Free Crisis Hotline: 800-639-2350
WRAP Services are:
FREE & CONFIDENTIAL
Available to ALL victims of Domestic Violence
- 24-Hour Crisis Line: Access to an Advocate, day or night, to discuss options or be a listening ear.
- Safe Housing: Provide access to short and long-term emergency safe-housing options
- Emergency Transportation: Provide access to transportation options to ensure safety and security
- Legal & Court Advocacy: Assist with the completion and filing of restraining orders, attend hearings with clients, inform clients about the court/legal process, act as a form of support, and help process the outcome of the hearing afterward.
- Safety Planning: Assist with setting up a personalized, practical plan that includes ways to remain safe while in a relationship, planning to leave, or after.
- Information Referral: Connect those with self-identifying needs to resources and support services to help them get through, over or under hurdles they are facing.
- Support Group: Support groups are available to those who have experienced abusive relationships. This can be in a group setting or one-on-one.
- Community Education: Raising awareness about domestic violence and the support services available for individuals and their families.
- Systems Coordination: Walking alongside of individuals, helping them to navigate their way through resources/community resources and or the court/criminal justice process.
- Referral and Resources for those of Color: Access to culturally specific resources.
- Safe Harbor: Provide victim-centered services specifically designed to heal the trauma experienced by Minnesota’s sexually exploited youth up to age 24
- Safe at Home: WRAP Staff are Safe at Home Application Assistants